Telephone: 02920 228040 |firstname.lastname@example.org
As a registered charity and social enterprise, we work with voluntary organisations, educational institutes and health bodies to promote mental well-being among deprived and disadvantaged communities in South Wales and the South Wales Valleys through the practice of mindfulness.
The Samye Foundation Wales aims to serve the community by:
- making the benefits of mindfulness and complementary therapies accessible and available to all
- leading the way in Wales in the development of using mindfulness to prevent and treat mental and physical health problems
- breaking new ground in exploring the social uses of mindfulness
We have membership of the following organisations:
- Voluntary Action Cardiff
- Gwent Association for Voluntary Organisations
- Torfaen Voluntary Alliance
What The Community Has To Say About Us
It is hard to put into words just how important mindfulness practice has become to my work and life. Perhaps the best way of putting it is to simply say that, for me, mindfulness is the way
Foster Care Associates
After meeting with Lorraine and Anthony, I could see the potential for working together for the benefit of parents who use our service to access support. Lorraine has facilitated group sessions for our clients both at our project in Caerphilly and at the SAMYE centre. We usually run a programme of wellbeing groups which include a session entirely focused on mindfulness. Through the connections with the SAMYE centre we have been able to introduce people to mindfulness who otherwise would not have the opportunity to experience the benefits to their wellbeing that mindfulness can offer.
Family Therapist, Family Intervention Team
We have a track record of working in partnership in delivering mindfulness workshop, courses, meditation and wellbeing therapies with voluntary organisations such as DrugAid and the Family Intervention Team, Caerphilly, to develop mindfulness courses for disadvantaged communities. In addition, we have provided mindfulness courses to children, adults including pensioners in Communities First Areas of the South Wales Valleys as well as Cardiff. We also run mindfulness courses for carers across Wales.
Projects we Support
Our Project Partners:
We are currently working in partnership on projects with the following organisatio
- Family Intervention Team Caerphilly
Our Clients in the Community:
We have worked extensively in the community and provided mindfulness workshops and complementary therapies for the following voluntary organisations:
- Family Intervention Team (Caerphilly)
- Trecenydd Community Centre (mum’s and children)
- Pant School, Newbridge – Mothers and babies group
- Graig y Rhacca resource Centre
- Foster Care Associates (Builth Wells, Aberdare and Swansea)
- Bridgend Carers
- Communities First (Splott, Graig-yr-Rhacca Resource Centre, RGB)
- DrugAid, Caerphilly
- Welsh Refugee Council, Cardiff
- BAWSO, Cardiff
- MEWN Cymru, Cardiff
- Tremorfa Primary School (Young Mums), Cardiff
- Communities First covering Tremorfa, Splott and Adamsdown Cardiff, children, adults and pensioners
- Local Rugby Clubs (Cardiff Harlequins, Caerphilly)
- Whitchurch High School, Cardiff
- Cardiff High School
- Llanederyn High School, Cardiff
- Senghenydd Youth Leaders, Caerphilly County Borough
- Cardiff Prison
- Mandeville House (Rehabilitation Unit), Cardiff
- Inroads, Cardiff
Other organisations we have worked with include:
- Cwm Taf Health Board
- Rhondda Cynon Taf Social Services
- Tai Calon Housing Association
- Esgyn Housing Association
- United Welsh Housing Association
- Roath Primary School
- Ysgol Gyfun Cwm Rhymni
- Ty Newydd Housing Association
- Charter Housing
- Taff Housing
We are proud to have formed the following links with community and corporate organisations:
Air BnB Cardiff, Steve Garret
Cardiff Third Sector
School & College Visits
We are more than happy to visit schools or colleges in South Wales to deliver mindfulness workshops to both primary and secondary school children. To find out further information on our mindfulness workshops in schools, please contact our chief executive Lorraine Harris on 02920 860054 or email her
We have delivered mindfulness training to both students and teachers at the University of Wales Institute of Cardiff and we would welcome the opportunity to work in higher education again.
We’ve put some comments from our mindfulness sessions in UWIC below:
I am writing to say what excellent benefits the Mindfulness teaching provided by Lorraine Harris from Samye Foundation Wales has had on our BSc (Hons) in Speech and Language Therapy undergraduate students and as a result of which, the university is expanding its links with Samye Foundation.
Senior Lecturer in Speech and Language Therapy
It was useful when I felt pressure/stress increasing, to employ the techniques we learned. I found being more aware of my thoughts made it easier to deal with them and prevented negative thoughts from building up. I have been able to put things into perspective which helped me organise myself much more easily and focus on things when they need to be focused on – i.e. not worrying unnecessarily.
The techniques are very calming and relieve a ‘racing’ mind when overloaded with work and deadlines
Mindfulness helped me alleviate stressful and unhelpful thoughts so I can work more effectively and function better.
Want To Partner With Us?
Partnerships works in many different ways:
- As a centre, we are happy to work in partnership on funding applications for projects that fulfill our values, principles and aims.
- We are happy to co-host events with organisations that share a similar ethos and vision
- By providing resources such as mindfulness trainers, complementary therapists and information stands to support your event
- By providing mindfulness talks for your conferences
If you’re interested in partnering with us on any of the above, please contact us on 02920 860054 or email us with your ideas on:email@example.com