Telephone: 02920 228040 |email@example.com
Samye Foundation Wales is a compassion-based mindfulness training centre in Cardiff. We have been providing mindfulness training to individuals and organisations for more than ten years and have helped thousands of people to improve their well-being through mindfulness.
Our main purpose is to provide mindfulness training to people to help alleviate stress and anxiety and improve mental health and well-being. The training is available to individuals as well as community groups and organisations. Mindfulness is secular and open to everyone.
Our dedicated mindfulness centre in Cardiff is largely run by volunteers, and we offer mindfulness training throughout Wales.
Director and Trustee Gelong Thubten (left, top) is a Buddhist monk from Samye Ling in Scotland, the first and largest Tibetan Monastery in the West. He specialises in teaching mindfulness and meditation in the corporate world, using a non-religious approach, as well as in hospitals, schools, prisons, and addiction rehab centres.
Together our tutor team (left, bottom) have more than 70 years experience of teaching and practising Mindfulness.
Samye Foundation Wales Registered Charity No. 1122144 Registered Company No. 05901855 Limited by Guarantee
Values, Aims & Objectives
Our Principles and Values
We believe in the largely untapped potential of every individual and will do all we can to help people realise this based on four core values:
- We recognise that all people, regardless of circumstance, are essentially good
- We believe that all people are deserving of tolerance, respect and compassion
- We respect the value and contribution of all cultures and religions
- We believe that positive change can be brought about through the provision of the appropriate environment and opportunities
The Samye Foundation Wales aims to serve the community by:
- making the benefits of mindfulness and complementary therapies accessible and available to all
- leading the way in Wales in the development of using mindfulness to prevent and treat mental and physical health problems
- breaking new ground in exploring the social uses of mindfulness.
- promoting tolerance, compassion, respect and peace by exploring the use of meditation and providing a place for this to take place.
The Samye Foundation Wales objectives are for:
- the relief of sickness and the preservation and protection of health promoting and developing the use of meditation
- and to advance the education of the public, in particular, in the Tibetan culture and its contribution in promoting tolerance, compassion, respect and peace
- and to advance education and promote social development
“Samye Foundation Wales will endeavour to promote a greater sense of physical and mental well-being and empower individuals and communities through the provision of meditation, compassion-based mindfulness training, counselling and well-being activities.”