Telephone: 02920 228040 |email@example.com
Lorraine Harris – CEO & Mindfulness Trainer
Lorraine is responsible for the delivery and management of the Corporate Mindfulness training programme for businesses in Wales & England. She delivers Mindfulness courses to companies, third-sector organisations, academic institutions and local government bodies. In order to cater for the specific needs of the organisation and their staff, each course is a bespoke solution.
Samye Foundation Wales has provided Mindfulness training for a wide range of corporate clients. These include Google, The Princes Trust, Eversheds, Capital Law, Siemens, Lloyds Bank, ACAS, Companies House and several housing associations including, United Welsh, Melin Homes, Cadywn, Linc Cymru, Newydd and Charter Housing. We have also provided courses for educational bodies such as Cardiff Metropolitan University and schools such in Crickhowell, Aberdare, Pontypridd and Cardiff.
With a background in the varied and busy environments of banking, accounts, supervision, IT consultancy, Bereavement Services, office administration, events management and leadership, Lorraine understands the daily stresses that organisations are facing today with the current economic climate. She applies her knowledge and experience to the courses delivered for organisations to help the staff with focus and productivity in particular.
Lorraine is a long-time practitioner of meditation with over 30 years experience in this field and a qualified Mindfulness instructor. She delivers regular 8 Week Mindfulness training courses the public, both during the day and evening and teaches an Advanced Mindfulness course developed by Gelong Thubten as well as a Compassion Based Living Course. Lorraine completed a Post Graduate Cert of Education (specialising in Mindfulness) 2011 and Leadership Skills with LEAD Wales, University of Swansea and University of Lancaster, 2012
Her training in Mindfulness teaching includes:
- The Mindfulness Association Mindfulness Teacher Training Skills 2009
- One-Year Mindfulness Training (Level 1) with The Mindfulness Association (2008- 2009) and esteemed Mindfulness lecturer / teacher, Professor Rob Nairn
- Post Graduate Certificate of Education (Specialising in Mindfulness) with Cardiff Metro University, Cardiff 2012
- A One-Year Compassion Training course (Mindfulness Level 2), run by The Mindfulness Association 2012
- Lead teacher for The Mindfulness Association for The One Year Compassion Training 2012-2018 in Caerphilly and Cardiff
- Lead teacher for The Mindfulness Association One Year Mindfulness Training 2014-Present
- 2 Day Mindfulness Workshop at Bangor University, May 2013., with the esteemed Dr Saki F Santorelli, Ed D, MA
- Lorraine regularly attends CPD training with The Mindfulness Association and BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
- Attended a full-day Mindfulness workshop with Jon Kabat-Zinn – founder of MBSR and a world leader in applying Mindfulness within healthcare for 40 years
Membership & Affiliations:
- Lead Tutor for The Mindfulness Association
- Member of the UK Mindfulness Teachers Network
- Chartered Management Institute