Telephone: 02920 228040 |email@example.com
The Mindfulness and Well-Being Centre, part of Samye Foundation Wales, exists to provide mindfulness courses in the community as well as access to complementary therapies, psychotherapy and counselling. Our charity targets diverse markets such as corporate business, health and higher education providers, voluntary and community sector, local community groups and private individuals.
We run mindfulness courses for businesses and individuals in our centre in Cardiff. Our centre delivers a number of therapies such as psychotherapy, counselling and holistic massage therapies, as well as qi gong, t’ai chi and yoga classes. Rooms are available to hire for conferences, events, therapies and meetings.
Samye Foundation Wales was established in 2006 as a not-for-profit company; for the primary purpose of promoting mindfulness, meditation, the Tibetan culture and well-being in Wales. We are a secular, non-religious organisation that exists to promote mental and physical well-being by providing mindfulness to the general public, businesses and disadvantaged communities in Wales and England.
As part of our strategic aims, we set up the mindfulness and well-being centre in 2008 when we were registered as a charitable company. Samye Foundation Wales is also a social enterprise and is a member of the Welsh Social Enterprise Coalition. As a social enterprise, we exist to make a positive difference to local communities, not simply to make money. Samye Foundation Wales was originally formed by a small Buddhist group in Cardiff and Caerphilly called Kagyu Samye Dzong, which is a separate charity run by Rokpa Trust. For more information on the work of KSD, click here: http://www.rokpauk.org/. One of the objectives of Samye Foundation Wales is to advance the education of the public, in particular, in the Tibetan culture and its contribution in promoting tolerance, compassion, respect and peace. So wherever Samye Foundation Wales sets up centres it will always share its premises with Kagyu Samye Dzong (Rokpa Trust) in order to meet this objective.
Kagyu Samye Dzong (Buddhism)
Kagyu Samye Dzong is a Tibetan Buddhist Group that meet at the centre and has been serving the people of Wales for over 20 years.Kagyu Samye Dzong is affiliated with the world-famous Kagyu Samye Ling Monastery, Scotland: the first, and largest, Tibetan Buddhist monastery to be built in the West. Samye Ling Monastery has become one of Scotland’s top ten most visited tourist destinations.We organise and run regular classes in meditation in conjunction with Samye Foundation Wales in Cardiff, Caerphilly and the surrounding areas as well as retreats and other events. Our courses in meditation are not aimed at converting people to Buddhism, and everybody is welcome to attend, to learn meditation for therapeutic reasons and to overcome the stresses and strains of modern life. For further information on the activities provided by Kagyu Samye Dzong, please visit the website: http://www.meditateinwales.net/index.html
Samye Foundation Wales is proud to be a member of the following professional bodies/associations:
Values, Aims & Objectives
Our Principles and Values
We believe in the largely untapped potential of every individual and will do all we can to help people realise this based on four core values:
- We recognise that all people, regardless of circumstance, are essentially good
- We believe that all people are deserving of tolerance, respect and compassion
- We respect the value and contribution of all cultures and religions
- We believe that positive change can be brought about through the provision of the appropriate environment and opportunities
The Samye Foundation Wales aims to serve the community by:
- making the benefits of mindfulness and complementary therapies accessible and available to all
- leading the way in Wales in the development of using mindfulness to prevent and treat mental and physical health problems
- breaking new ground in exploring the social uses of mindfulness.
- promoting tolerance, compassion, respect and peace by exploring the use of meditation and providing a place for this to take place.
The Samye Foundation Wales objectives are for:
- the relief of sickness and the preservation and protection of health promoting and developing the use of meditation
- and to advance the education of the public, in particular, in the Tibetan culture and its contribution in promoting tolerance, compassion, respect and peace
- and to advance education and promote social development
“Samye Foundation Wales will endeavour to promote a greater sense of physical and mental well-being and empower individuals and communities through the provision of meditation, compassion-based mindfulness training, counselling and well-being activities.”