Telephone: 02920 228040 |firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, applicable laws and regulations and their compliance. If you disagree with any of the stated terms and conditions, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this site are secured by relevant copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is allowed to temporarily download one duplicate of the materials (data or programming) on Samye Foundation Wales's site for individual and non-business use only. This is the just a permit of license and not an exchange of title, and under this permit you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial use , or for any public presentation (business or non-business);
- attempt to decompile or rebuild any product or material contained on Samye Foundation Wales's site;
- remove any copyright or other restrictive documentations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to someone else or even "mirror" the materials on other server.
- This permit might consequently be terminated if you disregard any of these confinements and may be ended by Samye Foundation Wales whenever deemed. After permit termination or when your viewing permit is terminated, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your ownership whether in electronic or printed form.
- The materials on Samye Foundation Wales's site are given "as is". Samye Foundation Wales makes no guarantees, communicated or suggested, and thus renounces and nullifies every single other warranties, including without impediment, inferred guarantees or states of merchantability, fitness for a specific reason, or non-encroachment of licensed property or other infringement of rights. Further, Samye Foundation Wales does not warrant or make any representations concerning the precision, likely results, or unwavering quality of the utilization of the materials on its Internet site or generally identifying with such materials or on any destinations connected to this website.
In no occasion should Samye Foundation Wales or its suppliers subject for any harms (counting, without constraint, harms for loss of information or benefit, or because of business interference,) emerging out of the utilization or powerlessness to utilize the materials on Samye Foundation Wales's Internet webpage, regardless of the possibility that Samye Foundation Wales or a Samye Foundation Wales approved agent has been told orally or in written of the likelihood of such harm. Since a few purviews don't permit constraints on inferred guarantees, or impediments of obligation for weighty or coincidental harms, these confinements may not make a difference to you.
5. Amendments and Errata
The materials showing up on Samye Foundation Wales's site could incorporate typographical, or photographic mistakes. Samye Foundation Wales does not warrant that any of the materials on its site are exact, finished, or current. Samye Foundation Wales may roll out improvements to the materials contained on its site whenever without notification. Samye Foundation Wales does not, then again, make any dedication to update the materials.
Samye Foundation Wales has not checked on the majority of the websites or links connected to its website and is not in charge of the substance of any such connected webpage. The incorporation of any connection does not infer support by Samye Foundation Wales of the site. Utilization of any such connected site is at the user's own risk.
Samye Foundation Wales may update these terms of utilization for its website whenever without notification. By utilizing this site you are consenting to be bound by the then current form of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. Governing Law
Any case identifying with Samye Foundation Wales's site should be administered by the laws of the country of United Kingdom Samye Foundation Wales State without respect to its contention of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will gather and utilization of individual data singularly with the target of satisfying those reasons indicated by us and for other good purposes, unless we get the assent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will just hold individual data the length of essential for the satisfaction of those reasons.
- We will gather individual data by legal and reasonable means and, where fitting, with the information or assent of the individual concerned.
- Personal information ought to be important to the reasons for which it is to be utilized, and, to the degree essential for those reasons, ought to be exact, finished, and updated.
- We will protect individual data by security shields against misfortune or burglary, and also unapproved access, divulgence, duplicating, use or alteration.
- We will promptly provide customers with access to our policies and procedures for the administration of individual data.
We are focused on leading our business as per these standards with a specific end goal to guarantee that the privacy of individual data is secure and maintained.
Data Protection Policy May 2018 Introduction
Samye Foundation Wales (SFW) (including its directors, employees, volunteers, advisors and self-employed contractors) will to the best of its ability adhere to the data protection principles of the Data Protection Act (DPA) which comes into force on 25 May 2018, which are:
1. Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
2. Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
4. Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
5. Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
6. Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
8. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Use of personal data
The records we use that contain personal data are hosted by the following DPA compliant software providers:
- Email Mailing List provider ‘Mailchimp’;
- Email communications provider ‘Google – Gmail’;
- Document storage provider ‘DropBox’, ‘Google Drive’;
- Merchant account provider ‘Paypal’;
- Bank account provider ‘The Co-operative Bank plc’.
These records are used solely for the purposes of administering course attendance and supporting continued engagement by individuals with the work of Samye Foundation Wales. The personal data typically includes name, address, email address, payment card details (not accessible to Samye Foundation Wales employees or volunteers), emails sent to individuals via Mailchimp or Gmail, courses attended and other engagement with the work of Samye Foundation Wales (eg. being a member of the centre, on the Mailchimp email list, on a contact list for an ongoing course etc.) for the purposes of administering attendance on Samye Foundation Wales courses and supporting continued engagement with the work of the Samye Foundation Wales.
Individual emails to and from the @sfwales.org email addresses are hosted by our DPA compliant email provider Gmail, for the purposes of administering attendance on Samye Foundation Wales courses and supporting continued engagement with the work of the Samye Foundation Wales, and will be reviewed and if no longer needed for these purposes will be deleted after a period of 3 years.
Personal data will be shared only with Samye Foundation Wales employees and self-employed Samye Foundation Wales tutors (also subject to the DPA) delivering the courses participated in and only to the extent necessary for administering the attendance of individuals on Samye Foundation Wales courses and supporting engagement with the work of the Samye Foundation Wales.
Personal data will not be shared with third parties.
Collection of data
When an individual’s data is initially collected, e.g. via an online booking, printed booking form or by being inputted manually into our records, the individual will be made aware of the use which will be made of their information, by using the ‘Privacy Notice’ below and of this data protection policy.
The data you provide to Samye Foundation Wales (SFW) will be stored securely and will be used for the purposes of administering your attendance on SFW courses and supporting your continued engagement with the work of SFW in accordance with our data protection policy, which can be downloaded from SFW’s website and is in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act. To support your engagement with us we will contact you from time to time via email with guidance to support your ongoing Mindfulness practice, including details of upcoming courses, which may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving emails from SFW, at any time, by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting email@example.com. You can also change the types of emails that you receive, using the form at www.sfwales.org/newsletter-signup or again, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Deletion of data
- At any time you can request that your records on be deleted by contacting email@example.com.
- Records we keep will be deleted, where an individual has opted out of email communication and has not done any prerequisite courses with SFW.
- Paper or electronic copies of documents held by SFW and which contain personal information will be destroyed or deleted when a course ends.
- Emails to and from SFW course participants or other individuals making enquiries to SFW will be reviewed after a period of 3 years and if no longer necessary for the purposes will be deleted.
- Paper records will be destroyed by shredding on-site or burning.
Right to a copy of information held
On request an individual will be provided with a copy of the information comprising their personal data and held by SFW, within 40 days of the request. All such requests should be sent via email to
Personal data is hosted by the following data processors, who are compliant with the new Data Protection Act:
· Email Mailing List provider ‘Mailchimp’; (accessible by staff and volunteers)
· Email communications provider ‘Google – Gmail’; (accessible by staff and volunteers)
· Document storage providers ‘DropBox’ & ‘Google Drive’; (accessible by staff and volunteers)
· Merchant account provider ‘Paypal’; (accessible by Lorraine Harris)
· Bank account provider ‘The Co-operative Bank plc’ (accessible by Lorraine Harris & Ann Davies)
For the purposes of the above, staff and volunteers will include authorised IT contractors performing maintenance, upgrades or repairs.
The data security arrangements of these providers have been reviewed to ensure that they meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
The SFW Directors and authorised IT support contractors will review information security on an annual basis and review this with all SFW employees on or around 25 May each year.
No personal data will be passed to an individual who is not the individual concerned. Personal data passed on to the individual concerned will be sent only to the contact email address provided by them.
On receiving or making a phone call SFW employees will establish the identity of the caller before disclosing or amending any of their personal data, asking for their postcode and details of the most recent course they attended.
Most SFW employees, volunteers and authorised IT support contractors work from our premises and some will work from home. Whether in our office or at home, all employees, volunteers and IT contractors will ensure that all computers used for processing personal data are password protected, that the password is changed every six months and that home computers are securely stored when not in use. Computers will be screen locked or logged out of when employees are away from their desks. Desks will be cleared at the end of each day and any personal information or other sensitive information securely stored in a locked cabinet. Computer screens should be positioned facing away from windows.
The passwords to the membership site are stored on our WordPress/WooCommerce site and are encrypted and so cannot be seen by those authorised to access WordPress/WooCommerce. In the event of a password issue, the Administrator would reset the password and the user can choose a new one for themselves. Passwords will not be confirmed by email or over the phone, except in the instance we are issuing a new temporary password, which should be immediately changed. When changing their passwords individuals should be aware that while their password is encrypted it is still advisable that they use a unique password, not used for another purpose.
Care will be taken to prevent virus attacks by ensuring computers have virus protection software and undergo regular software updates and care should be taken when opening email attachments and when visiting new websites.
Contacting Our Mailing Lists
We will continue to send you emails via Mailchimp (our mailing list provider) regarding upcoming courses, events, public talks, changes at the centre, special offers and news about Mindfulness and wellbeing. This will include emails from our wellbeing practitioners that use the centre when they have a course, event or special offer that they wish to notify you of.
Our mailing list has several sections that you can opt-in or out of at any time via www.sfwales.org/newsletter-signup to allow us to limit the type of email you receive. For instance, you may currently select Courses & Events or Thought for the Day emails and opt in or out of receiving them as you please. If we add further sections in the future, we will notify the mailing list that they are available, but will not add you to them automatically – you will need to opt in in that event.
Our aim is to provide information about courses, events and talks that will help you supporting your continued engagement with Samye Foundation Wales. The emails are intended to be engaging and supportive for your ongoing Mindfulness practice.
All emails sent via our Mailchimp mailing list, contain an unsubscribe button at the bottom that changes your email status on Mailchimp so that you will no longer receive emails from us. You can unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe link.
Social Media and Third Party Provider Privacy Policies
We use a number of third party providers to supply us with vital servcies. This includes social media websites such as Facebook and Meetup that hold details of events and courses we run, as well as sites like Instagram and Pinterest where we host photos and content. We use Mailchimp for our mailing lists and Paypal for payments through our website. For donations, we use Local Giving and Charity Checkout. In the course of following us, you may be using one of these services and this will be abundantly clear when you do so. In most cases you'll have your own account with them in order to use their service and we have provided links to their privacy policies for your convenience.
To read the Privacy Policies for each company please see below
We use Dropbox and Google Drive (& Gmail etc) for the secure storage & backup of email, documents, and media. You can find their policies linked below.
Local Giving & Charity Checkout
These are services that help us collect Gift Aid for donations, as well as manage monthly donations.
You can read the Local Giving policy here: https://localgiving.org/privacy-policy
and the Charity checkout policy here: https://www.charitycheckout.co.uk/privacy/
Please note, we do not run the sites these links go to and it is possible that they will update their policies to a new page at some point. In the event a link breaks, you will still be able to find it on their site but please do let us know so we can amend our link to it as well.