Telephone: 02920 228040 |firstname.lastname@example.org
Tapping into Freedom: Meditation and Energy Psychology with Alistair Appleton
Alistair is back for a Cardiff Meditation Weekend looking at Energy Psychology.
An introduction to Meditation and Energy Psychology
Energy psychology is the name given to therapeutic tapping techniques like EFT, AIT and EMDR. For example, EMDR is a NICE approved treatment for trauma.
This Winter, Alistair Appleton is giving a weekend introduction to how these techniques work together with somatic meditation. For more than 10 years, Alistair has used tapping with his therapy clients to untie the knots of their bodily trauma. On a personal level, he also consistently used tapping alongside his somatic meditation practice to unblock the path of meditative peace and open-heartedness This February he is sharing these insights.
Alistair’s teacher Reggie Ray has said that some therapy may be necessary to clear the traumatic knots that stop us resting in the awakened state. Tibetan Buddhist practice prescribes several energetic practices to do this, but energy psychology offers a contemporary way of clearing the Path.
What this workshop on Meditation and Energy Psychology will cover:
- – the background and history of energy psychology
- – understanding practice in a right-brain experience of the body
- – the somatic foundation of tapping work
- – the basic sequence of the tapping protocol
- – opportunities and examples of use
- – further practice and use
What you can expect on a Mindsprings weekend course
- – We aim to provide a safe, friendly and tolerant space to explore the benefits of body-based meditation
- – There’s a good mix of teaching, experiential practice, and discussion. Talking helps make sure we’ve got it.
- – Some practices are done lying down, some sitting up. Weather permitting, we may work outside too.
- – Alistair’s training as a therapist is always available for one-on-one support when things arise during practice
- – We start at 10am and finish at 5pm each day – with an hour’s break for lunch and some tea/pee breaks
- – You’ll receive electronic notes and a recording of the teaching and guided meditation after the course.
- – After the weekend, we will try and keep the group together online and with email updates
Date: Saturday 22nd February – Sunday 23rd February
Time: 10:00 – 17:00
Location: Samye Foundation Wales, 250 Cowbridge Road East, Canton.
How to book and financial support
Mindsprings tries to offer good quality instruction at a reasonable cost. We offer a concessionary rate to anyone who is struggling financially, to students and to the unemployed. We never want to turn someone away because they can’t pay. However, the full-price tickets help subsidise these cheaper places, so we ask people to use their discernment when buying a concession
Please note: This course is run by Alistair Appleton who is a friend and supporter of our centre. Alistair visits each year and delivers a workshop over the weekend, as well as giving generously of his time to give a fundraising talk for the centre on the Friday evening. Bookings are made through his website.